A Safe and Caring Place for Students and Families
Free Health Care Services for Youth ages 5-21!
Click Here For Map and Location
The Hornet Health Center is a Child & Adolescent Health Center providing care and counseling services to Emmet County youth ages 5-21 and their children.
Primary Health Care Services
- Physical exams for school, sports and camp.
- Weight Management
- Fitness Program
- Nutrition Counseling
- Treatment for illness and injuries.
- Basic laboratory services and tests.
- Referrals to community resources.
- Health assessments and risk reduction.
- Asthma management.
- Vision/Hearing screening.
- Help with quitting smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Individual, family, and group counseling.
- Support Groups.
- Help with insurance enrollment.
Why Choose the Hornet Health Center for your healthcare needs?
- Located in Middle/High School.
- Healthcare geared toward young people.
- Convenient Hours
- Coordinated care with family physcian.
- We Care About You!
The Hornet Health Center staff is committed to working together with parents and families to improve the health and well being of young people in Emmet County. All youth age 5-21 and their children are welcome and no one is denied services due to an inability to pay. Private insurance like Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan and Priority Health are accepted; as well as, Medicaid, MI-Child, and Healthy Kids. Hornet Health Center staff can also help families enroll in Medicaid/Healthy Kids or MIChild. MIChild is a health insurance program for uninsured children ages 0-19 at a price you can afford (Blue Cross coverage for all children in a family for $10/month). Healthy kids is free health care coverage for pregnant women, babies, and children under age 19.
Parents/guardians must provide consent for youth under the age of 18.
Please fill out a consent form for each child.
HORNET HEALTH CENTER FORM PDF
The only exceptions to the need for consent, according to Michigan law, are emergencies that threaten life or limb, substance abuse services, sexually transmitted infection treatment, mental health services for minors age 14 or older, and HIV counseling and testing.